It is that time of year again where all hands are on deck preparing goodies for the Material Obsession stall at the Sydney Craft and Quilt Show! We have lots of great things to show off this year so make sure you come find us in our new location C71! That's right...new location...
The show is tempting us on all levels as Quilt NSW has a big show of nearly 400 quilts again this year. They have made some exciting changes to the entry of the show so be sure to check out the exhibits by local quilt groups:
- Thursday 23 June : Southern Quilters Finishing School and Eastwood Patchwork Quilters
- Friday 24 June: Hunters Hill Quilters and Novocastrian Quilters
- Saturday 25 June: Sydney Modern Quilt Guild and Arcardian Quilters
- Sunday 26 June: Northbridge Quilters and Eastern Suburbs Quilters
- Textile Artist, Caroline Sharkey, Wed to Sat 10-11am
- Quilter Merelyn Pearce, Wed to Sun 11-12noon
And meet the teachers:
- Thursday am: Linda Butcher (Hand Applique) and Meg Orr (Quilt As You Go)
- Thursday pm: Wendy Nutt (Foundation Piecing)
- Friday am: Cathy Jack Coupland (Thread Painting)
- Friday pm: Bob James (Foundation Piecing in Miniature) and Chris Jurd (Foundation Piecing)
- Saturday am: Therese Rankmore (Creative Cutting) and Pam Furniss (Machine Applique and Quilt as you Go)
- Saturday pm: Amanda Daly (Raw Edge Applique) and Megan Manwaring (String Piecing)
- Sunday am: Lynn Hewitt (Finishing Your Quilt) and Shirley Gibson (Hand Quilting)
- Sunday pm: Jan Foster (Machine Quilting) and Brenda Gael Smith (Creating with Felt)
I am also proud to be an Accredited Teacher by Quilt NSW but you'll have to check me out at my booth and also for my little talk in celebration of my new book, Mixing Quilt Elements
12.30pm [star] Mixing Quilt Elements. Kathy Doughty, Material Obsession, Stand C71.
Quilters are always looking for ways to grow and expand their skill base. Explore use of shapes and fabrics to make dynamic, personal results by just shifting your point of view! I'll be talking through a few concepts from the book each day.
We'll have kits of some of our most popular patterns, (first come first serve). Our kits and patterns are perfect for expanding your skill base with helpful tips and instructions or for working color and pattern. To support the patterns we'll be doing technique demonstrations each day by some of our best tutors. Megan Manwaring will be doing applique..
Megan's class has become one of our most popular as she explores technique and design with prepared samples of an excellent standard on all levels.
We'll have tempting kits from my latest range Flock Together as well as other ideas...
We'll be releasing our 2016-17 Block of the Month program which is full of special treats!
You know what to expect from Material Obsession...come to C71 throughout the show for a thrill a day! We look forward to seeing our friends both new and old...from near and far...and celebrating all there is about being a quilter in our era! Really looking forward to seeing everyone...until then we'll be pretty busy getting it all together!! k